How does six sigma Green belt certification help professionals?
Seven Steps academy is offering Lean Six Sigma certification training on behalf of American Society of Quality – ASQ South Asia. American Society for Quality (ASQ) is a worldwide globally recognized body, which has more than 85000 Quality professionals as members, who are experts from a wide spectrum of industries, educational institutions, medical colleges and hospitals etc., related to quality.
A Certification from ASQ is considered a mark of quality excellence and is recognized by more than 125 organizations worldwide. It helps in the advancement of professional development, builds credibility and recognition among peers as a part of the global community. A certification helps in career advancement and significantly helps the professional improve organizations bottom line through effective application of quality tools and methods.
Benefits of Six Sigma Green Belt Certification
- For operational managers who have a day job to oversee line function(s) with teams reporting to them, a Green Belt certification is preferred.
- Certified Six Sigma Green belts are expected to have application knowledge of Quality tools to drive process improvement like ability to analyse charts, use of cause effect diagram and basic data analysis.
Related Article– Having right knowledge on Quality Tools enables effectiveness of solutions deployed
- Green Belt certification is awarded to professionals who are operational managers and lead a small team of front-line employees. It is important to understand the larger organization need and then to guide a team while driving improvements.
- A Green Belt certification helps Functional Leaders to drive change in smaller teams. This is the second level of certification in any professionals’ career progression which helps pave the path for higher certifications like Black Belts in the future.
- Key expectation is to have atleast three years of full time work experience in one or more areas of the Six Sigma Green Belt Body of Knowledge (BoK) is necessary.
The BoK is available on ASQ India’s website (https://asq.org.in/certification). Once the experience requirement is met then Green belts need to appear for an assessment (exam online) based on the BoK. The exams are conducted at various centres throughout India. An online application form which is available on ASQ India website must be filled in with all details and submitted. There is an exam fees (INR) which has to be paid online. Once the application is reviewed and approved then the individual needs to schedule and take the exam. ASQ exams are delivered through a computer based testing. The exam consists of 100 multiple choice questions to be taken in four hours. All the questions are based on the ASQ GB BoK.
How ASQ certification differ from other certification bodies
- The American Society for Quality (ASQ) is a global body of Quality professionals, with more than 150 years of history. ASQ offers several quality certifications on various professions starting from Healthcare, Product Design, Reliability, Software development, Supply Chain, Pharmaceuticals etc.
- It is the most reputed professional body and the largest and in the world, committed to raising the voice of quality led by global Quality thought leaders like Dr. Walter Shewhart, Dr. Edward Deming, Dr. J. Juran, Dr. Phil Crosby and Dr. Feigenbaum to name a few.
- There are several organizations offering certificate courses on six sigma but ASQ offers professional six sigma certification. The certification is valid for a period of three years from the date of issue and needs to be kept current by either carrying out activities as prescribed by ASQ for recertification units or taking the exam again before expiry.
- ASQ certifications are recognized and respected globally by leaders and organizations alike. A certification by ASQ is scientific way to measure an individual’s proficiency and knowledge about various tools and their effective application, analysis and synthesis to deal with practical business challenges.
- The BOK and question bank for the exam are continuously enhanced by constantly seeking inputs from senior and experienced members of ASQ who are veteran quality professionals with decades of experience.
- ASQ does salary surveys among various business sectors every year. It is an established fact that on an average an ASQ certified professional draws 15-20% CTC higher when compared to professionals without ASQ certification. ASQ certification is recognized worldwide and is considered as one of the most sought-after professionals across the globe.
Seven Steps Business Transformation Systems is a Bangalore based consulting company for manufacturing, services, retail, logistics, construction, Education, hospital, hospitality. Kanban system implementation is done as a combination of other tools and methodogies such as 5S, Value Stream Mapping, Cellular Manufacturing, Total Productive Maintenance, Six Sigma etc., Through their group vertical – Seven Steps academy, various training programmes are also offered for both onsite and public programmes.
Some of the flagship training programmes conducted at Seven Steps Academy of Excellence are:
Six Sigma Yellow Belt
Skill development programme – Campus to Corporate – Precision Engineering
Lean Experimental Learning Programme